FA Cup round-up

Loading Market ...

Football Betting

Up To £30 Free Matched Bet

Basingstoke Town earned themselves a replay after a 1-1 draw at Aldershot Town in the FA Cup second round.

Joe Bruce (45) gave Basingstoke, who are bottom of Conference South, a half-time lead in an early kick-off at The Recreation Ground before John Grant (77) struck the equaliser for Aldershot.

It means Basingstoke will have another chance to reach the third round when they host the replay at Camrose Road.

Conference side Morecambe suffered heartache at Swindon Town, as a Christian Roberts penalty (89) sent The Robins through to round three at The County Ground.

Brighton & Hove Albion ended Stafford Rangers' hopes of reaching the third round after a 3-0 home win.

Dean Hammond (18), Alex Revell (66) and Jake Robinson (90) all found the scoresheet for The Seagulls.

Tamworth defeated fellow Conference strugglers Rushden & Diamonds 2-1 at Nene Park.

Steve Burton (42) and John McGrath (77) scored for The Lambs, with Tom Shaw (85) striking a consolation for Rushden.

In another early kick-off, Hereford United thrashed League One side Port Vale 4-0 at Edgar Street (pictured).

Luke Webb (41) opened the scoring for The Bulls before a Rob Purdie penalty (49) doubled the home side's advantage.

Purdie made it 3-0 two minutes later before Andy Ferrell (83) finished the scoring for Hereford, as Graham Turner's side are in the hat for Sunday's third round draw.

Barnet inflicted a similar result on another League One side, as they defeated Northampton Town 4-1.

Scott McGleish (45) gave The Cobblers a half-time lead before The Bees turned the cup tie around in the second half at The Underhill Stadium.

Adam Birchall (49), Dean Sinclair (53), an Ian Hendon penalty (67) and Magno Vieira (87) meant Paul Fairclough's side easily went through to round three.

Goals by Mark Jones (49) and Kevin Smith (66) gave Wrexham a 2-0 victory at League One side Scunthorpe United.

Peterborough United got a brace from Danny Crow (47, 70) to defeat League One club Tranmere Rovers 2-1 at Prenton Park.

Shane Cansdell-Sherriff (30) gave Rovers the lead before Peterborough turned the tie around.

Swansea City saw off the challenge of League Two club Darlington at The TFM Arena with a 3-1 success.

Martin Smith (2) gave The Quakers the lead before Leon Britton (15) levelled matters for the South Wales club.

Andy Robinson (52) gave Swansea the lead and Adebayo Akinfenwa (79) sealed the visitors' passage into the third round.

Blackpool got goals from Keigan Parker (31) and Andy Morrell (48) in their 2-1 win at Milton Keynes Dons, while Bournemouth held Bristol Rovers to a 1-1 draw at The Memorial Stadium.

Richard Walker (50) gave The Pirates the lead from the penalty spot before James Hayter (73) earned a replay at Dean Court for The Cherries.

Doncaster Rovers left it late to earn a replay at Belle Vue after a 1-1 draw at Mansfield Town.

Brian Stock (90) cancelled out Richie Barker's first-half penalty at Field Mill.

Leyton Orient got a goal from Wayne Corden (76) to earn a 1-1 draw with Lubos Kubik's Torquay United at Plainmoor.

Jamie Ward's penalty on the hour mark was not enough to see off The O's in South Devon.

League Two bottom club Macclesfield Town defeated 10-man Hartlepool United 2-1 at Moss Rose.

A Carl Regan own goal (8) gave Pools the lead, but they were reduced to 10 men just before the break when Antony Sweeney was sent off for a deliberate handball in his own box.

That resulted in a Macclesfield penalty, which Kevin McIntyre duly converted for Paul Ince's side.

The Silkmen made the extra man pay dividends, as John Murphy (52) struck Macclesfield's winner to send the Cheshire club into round three.

Finally, League Two sides Bury and Chester City played out a 2-2 draw at Gigg Lane.

Lee Steele (63) opened the scoring for Chester before The Shakers equalised through Andy Bishop (66).

Richard Baker (69) gave Bury the lead, but Steele earned Chester a replay with his second goal (73), for which he earned a second yellow card moments later.

Click below for match summaries:
Aldershot Town 1-1 Basingstoke Town
Barnet 4-1 Northampton Town
Brighton & Hove Albion 3-0 Stafford Rangers
Bristol Rovers 1-1 Bournemouth
Bury 2-2 Chester City
Darlington 1-3 Swansea City
Hereford United 4-0 Port Vale
Macclesfield Town 2-1 Hartlepool United
Mansfield Town 1-1 Doncaster Rovers
Milton Keynes Dons 0-2 Blackpool
Rushden & Diamonds 1-2 Tamworth
Scunthorpe United 0-2 Wrexham
Swindon Town 1-0 Morecambe
Torquay United 1-1 Leyton Orient
Tranmere Rovers 1-2 Peterborough United