Stimson plans to keep Jackson
Gills boss not preparing for striker's departure
By Chris Galea. Last Updated: December 8, 2009 2:53pm
Jackson: Stimson aims to keep striker
Gillingham boss Mark Stimson insists he has not started preparing for the departure of star striker Simeon Jackson yet, despite stories constantly linking him with a January move.
The Canada international has attracted numerous admirers over the last few seasons after his goals fired the Gills into League One.
A number of Premier League clubs, including Wolves, are said to be monitoring the situation, with reports claiming a £1.5million bid is imminent.
However, Stimson says he is still hoping to have the 22-year-old at his disposal after the January transfer window closes, having previously stated Jackson will not leave for the figure being quoted.
"You can't worry about it really because whatever is going to happen will happen," Stimson told skysports.com.
"Simeon is the ultimate professional and has not let any of the stories bother him.
"If someone comes in for him in January then he will get his move, but only if the price is right.
"He is fantastic and very professional in how he has gone about it, especially considering how young he is.
"He wants to test himself at the highest level possible and it certainly won't be for a lack of professionalism because he is absolutely fantastic in that department.
"I've always got a list of players that I'd like to bring in, but I haven't set aside a separate list in case Simeon moves on because it is all speculation at the moment.
"A lot of players get talked about every week, but not a lot of it turns into reality, so if it happens then we will act as quickly as we can."