Williams keen to keep Demetriou
Orient boss dismisses exit talk
By Chris Galea. Last Updated: July 31, 2009 9:18pm
Demetriou: Key player for Williams
Leyton Orient manager Geraint Williams has assured supporters there has been no interest in midfielder Jason Demetriou.
The Cyprus international has been linked with a move to a club in a higher division after a number of superb displays last season.
However, Williams insists there have been no offers for the 21-year-old, who remains an integral part of his plans ahead of the new campaign.
"I'm not aware of any interest in the lad this summer and he has done well since coming back after representing his country over the summer," Williams told skysports.com.
"He is working very hard and hopefully he will continue to do so and improve, so that he and the club can progress next season together."
Williams hopes Leyton Orient can enjoy a successful season but is not getting carried away, focusing only on the opening game against Bristol Rovers on 8th August.
He said: "We are aiming to win as many games as we can and that starts with a tough trip to Bristol Rovers on the opening day.
"Hopefully we can bring back the three points on offer and if that is the case we can build on that.
"I'm very pleased with the way things are going at the moment. We've had a good couple of week's worth of training now and the new players have integrated into the club.
"Everyone is working hard and so far we have avoided picking up any unnecessary injuries along the way."