Abbott striker search delayed
Carlisle boss 'in limbo' until Graham departs
Last Updated: June 22, 2009 3:10pm
Abbott: Striker search
Carlisle boss Greg Abbott has admitted his search for a new striker is being delayed until Danny Graham's departure is finalised.
Former Middlesbrough striker Graham has turned down the offer of a new two-year deal with the Cumbrians and looks certain to move on this summer.
The Brunton Park outfit will still be entitled to compensation for the 23-year-old, but until Abbott discovers what funds will be coming in, his hands are tied over finding a replacement.
"Until Danny goes, and we find out what sort of fee he goes for, we are a bit in limbo in terms of what we have got available," he told the Carlisle News and Star.
"That situation will dictate what funds are available.
"There would be something there for me to use as and when Danny's situation is resolved.
"The quicker that happens, the quicker we will know the financial side of what we have got."
With Cleveland Taylor having submitted a transfer request, Abbott is expected to be in the market for a new right winger this summer.
"Nothing has happened there yet - we are looking to see if it does, and then we can replace Cleveland," he said.
"We are stuck a bit, but we are still looking at other things. We are looking to tie up a left-sided player and then hopefully bring in another couple of players at least."
Meanwhile, defender David Raven has signed his new one-year contract after agreeing improved terms earlier this month.