League Two round-up

Loading Market ...

Football Betting

Up To £30 Free Matched Bet

Yeovil Town surged to the top of League Two following a thrilling 4-2 victory over Shrewsbury, while Scunthorpe were beaten at Mansfield Town.

The visitors had led at Yeovil late on thanks to goals from Jake Sedgemore and David Edwards, but The Glovers fought back superbly to secure the points.

Darren Way (pictured) put the home side ahead, however Sedgemore equalised before Colin Miles was sent off for Yeovil.

Edwards' goal then put the visitors ahead with just 16 minutes remaining, but Luke Rodgers' dismissal changed the game.

With the sides at ten apiece, goals from Paul Terry, Adrian Caceres and Kevin Gall sealed a thrilling finish for the home side.

Scunthorpe, who were joined at the top of the table by Yeovil on Saturday, have now fallen behind The Glovers.

Former Derby County man Adam Murray netted the only goal of the game as Mansfield Town beat The Iron 1-0.

Swansea closed to within a point of Scunthorpe after a 2-0 away win over Rushden & Diamonds.

First half goals from Paul Connor and Andy Robinson gave The Swans the points.

Southend kept up the pressure on the leading pack with a 3-1 success over lowly Kidderminster Harriers.

Fredy Eastwood's goal, his 11th of the season, put the visitors ahead, however Christopher Beardsley equalised late on.

Southend's heads did not drop after surrendering their lead and goals from Nicky Nicolau and Eastwood, his second, bagged the win.

Northampton's play-off hopes suffered a blow after losing 3-1 to Bristol Rovers.

Goals either side of the break from James Hunt and Christian Edwards put the home side in control.

Eric Sabin pulled one back, however Junior Agogo killed off the game with a third for Rovers.

Macclesfield missed the chance to climb above Northampton after they lost 3-1 at Darlington.

First half goals from Clyde Wijnhard and former Middlesbrough player Neil Maddison put The Quakers in the driving seat.

Jonathan Parkin pulled one back for The Silkmen before Alun Armstrong extinguished any hope of a comeback with a late third.

Simon Yeo's last-gasp goal secured a 1-0 win for Lincoln at Chester, while Bury against Oxford United at Gigg Lane finished goalless.

Nine-man Rochdale amazingly secured a point at Notts County following a goalless draw.

Dale played half of the contest a man light after Ernest Cooksey was sent off, while Gareth Griffiths also saw red with 15 minutes remaining.

Nathan Tyson secured a point for Wycombe Wanderers in a 1-1 draw at home to Cheltenham.

Gavin Caines' goal looked like proving the winner for much of the contest before Tyson struck with 20 minutes to go.

Boston United maintained their impressive home record with a 2-2 draw with Leyton Orient.

The Pilgrims have not tasted defeat at York Street this season and that run continued against The O's.

Daryl McMahon put the home side ahead, however Andy Kirk levelled matters after the break with his 14th of the season.

Paul Ellender's late goal looked to have given Boston the win, but McMahon's second stole a last-gasp point.

Grimsby Town recorded their eighth league victory of the season with a 3-0 win over bottom side Cambridge United.

Two goals in four first-half minutes from Thomas Pinault and Ronnie Bull put the home side in control.

Martin Gritton's late goal put the icing on the cake for The Mariners.

Click below for match summaries:  
Boston Utd 2-2 Leyton Orient
Bristol Rovers 3-1 Northampton
Bury 0-0 Oxford Utd
Chester 0-1 Lincoln
Darlington 3-1 Macclesfield
Grimsby 3-0 Cambridge Utd
Kidderminster 1-3 Southend
Mansfield 1-0 Scunthorpe
Notts County 0-0 Rochdale
Rushden & D 0-2 Swansea
Wycombe 1-1 Cheltenham
Yeovil 4-2 Shrewsbury

Click here for League Two table.