Southend striker Matt Paterson is set to agree a new loan deal with relegation-threatened Stockport.
The 21-year-old joined the League Two strugglers on a one-month deal, which is set to expire after Tuesday night's trip to Accrington.
And the former Southampton trainee has impressed at Edgeley Park, scoring twice in five games, with each goal helping County to crucial 2-1 wins over Bury and then Oxford on Saturday.
Southend manager Paul Sturrock admitted at the weekend that he may need to make some loan signings after play-off hopes suffered a blow with a 2-1 defeat at Morecambe.
But the Blues boss has made it clear he has no intention of bringing Paterson back into his squad.
"Everybody's got different opinions about strike-forces and which players should play with who," he told skysports.com.
"I just feel that Matt's not the type of striker I'm looking to have at this football club. I wish him well."
Paterson scored four goals in six starts for Southend at the start of the season and featured mainly from the bench as he gradually fell out of favour with Sturrock.
Barry Corr and Blair Sturrock have been the Shrimpers' strike pair for most of the season and both started at Morecambe.
But Paterson has started all five games since arriving at Stockport and he has since been joined on loan by Ryan Doble, who remains a good friend from his Southampton days.
County are now keen to agree an extension to keep Paterson until the end of the season, when he will still have a year left on his contract.
Sturrock will look elsewhere for players to boost his squad, though, despite admitting he would rather sign experienced players on loan than unproven teenagers.
Southend had 19-year-old pair Antonio German (QPR) and Nathaniel Jarvis (Cardiff) on loan earlier in the season while Sturrock is yet to make a decision on Liverpool striker Jason Banton, 18, who has been training with the club.
"It's food for thought," he said. "I've got to really think about whether we need to bring some players in now to give that freshness to the squad.
"The squad deserves to get some help because too few have carried the can for a lot of games lately and two or three of them didn't look themselves at Morecambe, for whatever reason.
"There's plenty of games left to get the results we need. I'm not giving up in any way, but I do feel we need a freshness to the squad, a vitality, a hunger. The players merit me trying to get the players in that could give us a push towards the play-offs."
"I went down the route of 18/19-year-olds with German and the boy Jarvis," Sturrock added. "It's a lot to ask of people that age to come into the hustle and bustle of what's out there. It's something I need to have a real think about."