League Two round-up

Loading Market ...

Football Betting

Up To £30 Free Matched Bet

Scunthorpe United increased their lead at the top of League Two after a crucial 1-0 win over promotion rivals Swansea City.

The division's undoubted game of the day saw The Iron secure the win within the first minute as Paul Hayes crossed for strike partner Steve Torpey (pictured) to fire home.

Swansea's defeat allowed Yeovil the chance to move into second and they did so thanks to a 2-1 win over Grimsby at Huish Park.

Lee Johnson (43) and Bartosz Tarachulski (47) scored either side of the interval and Ashley Sestanovich's (86) late goal was not enough for The Mariners.

Macclesfield remain in fourth after their goalless draw at Bristol Rovers, while Darlington moved into fifth after a 3-0 win over Leyton Orient at The Williamson Motors Stadium.

An own goal from Alan White after five minutes gave The Quakers the lead, before goals from Clyde Wijnhard (59) and Alun Armstrong (74) sealed the win.

Southend United are up to sixth from 11th after a 1-0 win at Bury with Wayne Gray's penalty after 27 minutes the difference between the two sides.

Northampton pushed back towards the play-off spots with a 2-1 win over Boston United at The Sixfields Stadium.

The teams exchanged goals in the space of two minutes when Martin Smith (72) and Andy Kirk (74) scored for their respective sides.

The winner came late on when Scott McGleish fired home.

Wycombe moved into tenth after a 1-0 win at Notts County with Ian Stonebridge grabbing the only goal just before the interval.

At the wrong end of the league, bottom-of-the-table Kidderminster landed only their fourth win of the season with a 2-1 success over Rochdale.

Dean Keates put The Harriers ahead early on before Dale's Grant Holt fired home. The winner came 20 minutes from time when Ian Foster converted from the penalty spot.

Second-from-bottom Cambridge's woes continue after they lost 2-1 at Oxford who were under Ramon Diaz's charge for the first time.

Tommy Mooney (19) and Craig Davies (29) put Oxford ahead and Jermaine Easter's goal proved to be a mere consolation.

Third-from-bottom Shrewsbury were denied a crucial win after they were pegged back in the final minute at Chester.

The game was marred by two early sendings off when Darren Moss (15) and Kevin Ellison were dismissed.

Kelvin Langmead put Town ahead on the hour, but Michael Branch's last minute penalty gave Ian Rush's men a point.

Town were reduced to nine men late on when Martin O'Connor received a second yellow card.

The games at Sincil Bank and Field Mill, saw Lincoln against Cheltenham and Mansfield-Rushden end in goalless draws.

Click below for match summaries:
Bristol Rovers 0-0 Macclesfield
Bury v Southend
Chester v Shrewsbury
Darlington v Leyton Orient
Kidderminster v Rochdale
Lincoln v Cheltenham
Mansfield v Rushden & Diamonds
Northampton v Boston
Notts County v Wycombe
Oxford v Cambridge
Scunthorpe v Swansea
Yeovil v Grimsby