Iain Hume and Charlie Taylor have left the door open on possible returns to Fleetwood ahead of their first campaign in League One.
Once the celebrations from the Cod Army's historic win over Burton at Wembley have died down, Graham Alexander will begin piecing together a squad capable of competing in the third tier alongside the likes of Sheffield United, Preston and Coventry.
His first decisions are likely to concern striker Hume and left-back Taylor, who both ended their loan spells at Highbury in the best possible fashion by starting in the victory which sealed the club's sixth promotion in nine years.
Hume's return to Preston may not last long with the 30-year-old's contract expiring this summer and although he only scored once in 11 games, he forged a useful partnership with David Ball and was only on the losing side on his debut.
"I came here to help the club out and the club have helped me get a medal so I can't thank them enough," said Hume.
"I can't thank the manager enough, I can't thank the owner enough. I've got a medal, the club are promoted and they're in League One next year. If I'm here, brilliant, if I'm not, all the best to them.
"I'm out of contract, I'm never going to say no to an offer. I'm not even thinking that far, I'm not thinking past today (Sunday), I'm not thinking past tonight."
Taylor, meanwhile, signed a new three-year deal with parent club Leeds last week after the 20-year-old enhanced his reputation with a series of strong performances for the Cod Army.
But with Stephen Warnock the first choice in the left-back berth at Elland Road and Fleetwood now able to offer him League One football, the next stage of his development could conceivably come back at Highbury.
"We'll see what happens next season but it would be a club I'd definitely want to play for," he said.
"I've loved my time here, every minute of it. It's a great set of lads and to end in success is a great feeling. I'd definitely consider it if I was to go out on loan again next year."