Division Three round-up

Loading Market ...

Football Betting

Up To £30 Free Matched Bet

Doncaster Rovers increased their lead at the top of Division Three to six points after they defeated Bristol Rovers 2-1 and Hull City lost 3-2 at home to Northampton Town.

Dave Penney's (pictured) men side are now within touching distance of Division Two after their success at The Memorial Stadium.

After a goalless first period Doncaster went ahead after 51 minutes through midfielder Ricky Ravenhill.

Junior Agogo levelled just before the hour for The Pirates, but within minutes Adebayo Akinfenwa put Doncaster ahead once again.

The striker was then sent off after clashing with Kevin Austin, but Doncaster held on to take maximum points.

Hull suffered a shock 3-2 loss to Northampton and their title hopes now look all but over.

Marc Richards pounced after just two minutes to put The Cobblers ahead - but Stuart Elliott levelled within five minutes for Hull.

However, two goals in ten minutes from Eric Sabin (20 & 31) put Northampton in the driving seat and they did not relinquish their lead.

Andy Dawson pulled one back for Hull late in the second period, but it was not enough for Peter Taylor's side.

Huddersfield Town are now within three points of Hull after they secured a 1-0 win over Southend United at The McAlpine Stadium.

The only goal came after half-an-hour when Polish striker Pawel Abbott struck.

Lincoln City came from behind to seal a 2-1 win over Swansea City and bolster their play-off hopes.

Matthew Rees had put Swansea ahead after 43 minutes, but second half strikes from Peter Gain (57) and Simon Yeo (82) gave The Red Imps the win.

Yeovil missed their chance to close on the play-off spots after they were held to a goalless draw at home to Cheltenham

At the bottom Carlisle's amazing up-turn in fortune continued as they secured a 1-0 win over Kidderminster.

Craig Farrell pounced with just 12 minutes left to put his side within touching distance of safety.

Carlisle are now within two points of York - who lost on Friday at Cambridge - and three of Rochdale who could only draw 2-2 at Scunthorpe.

Leo Bertos put Dale ahead after just three minutes, only for Steven MacLean to level just moments later.

Andrew Butler then put The Iron ahead after 22 minutes, but again the lead lasted for just a few minutes as Scott Warner levelled for Rochdale.

Macclesfield moved three clear of The Dale after they sealed a valuable 1-0 win over Leyton Orient with Martin Carruthers pouncing after an hour.

Darlington moved further away from trouble after a brilliant 1-0 win over promotion chasing Mansfield Town at The Reynolds Arena.

Centre back Matt Clarke pounced to grab the winner just minutes into the second period.

Click below for match summaries:
Bristol Rovers 1-2 Doncaster Rovers 
Carlisle United 1-0 Kidderminster Harriers 
Darlington 1-0 Mansfield Town 
Huddersfield Town 1-0 Southend United 
Hull City 2-3 Northampton Town 
Lincoln City 2-1 Swansea City 
Macclesfield Town 1-0 Leyton Orient
Scunthorpe United 2-2 Rochdale
Yeovil Town 0-0 Cheltenham Town