Hartlepool maintain lead at top

Loading Market ...

Football Betting

Up To £30 Free Matched Bet

HARTLEPOOL UNITED maintained their lead at the top of Division Three with a 2-1 win over Kidderminster Harriers, whilst second placed Rushden & Diamonds came from behind to beat Bristol Rovers 2-1 at Nene Park.

Mike Newell celebrated his first home game in charge with the win over Kidderminster at Victoria Park.

Richie Humphreys opened the scoring after just three minutes when he lashed home from 18 yards after good work from Marcus Richardson.

Mark Tinkler stroked home the second after being set up by Eifion Williams.

A Sean Parrish lob from the edge of the area on 47 minutes gave The Harriers hope, but Hartlepool held on to secure the three points and stay four points clear.

Rushden were forced to work very hard for all three points, but they managed to overcome Bristol Rovers.

Mark Peters had fouled Giuliano Grazioli and the striker stepped up to convert the spot kick after just 14 minutes. Diamonds struck back on the half hour when Jamaican star Onandi Lowe scored a great 30 yard free kick after Adam Barrett had fouled him.

It was then another Reggae Boy, who sealed the win when Paul Hall drilled home on 72 minutes after a Stuart Gray corner.

Like, Rushden, third-placed Bournemouth came from behind at home as they overcame Scunthorpe.

Steve Torpey had given Scunthorpe the lead after 25 minutes, but headed efforts from Karl Broadhurst (59) and James Hayter (66) gave The Cherries all three points.

Torquay were held to a 2-2 draw by Rochdale at Plainmoor.

After a goalless first half Martin Gritton had put The Gulls in front after 52 minutes, but Dale had looked as they could grab an unlikely victory when Paul Connor (74) and Gareth Griffiths (78) scored.

Griffiths was then sent-off for a second yellow card and Rochdale could not hang on as Reuben Hazell grabbed a last-minute equaliser.

Wrexham were held to a goalless draw by the ever-improving Hull City at The Racecourse Ground, which allowed Cambridge to climb above The Red Dragons after their win over Macclesfield Town.

Paul Wanless put Cambridge in front after 25 minutes, only for Matthew Tipton to level matters just before half time.

Danny Whittaker was then dismissed for violent conduct and Town could not cope with 10-men, as Dave Kitson (70) and Omar Riza (74 pen) struck to secure the points.

Oxford moved above Lincoln and into the top half of the table with a 1-0 win over the Red Imps.

Andy Crosby converted a last-minute penalty at The Kassam Stadium to give Ian Atkins's men all three points.

York maintained their good form with a 2-1 win over Carlisle.

Michael Reddy had volleyed them in front after 44 minutes, before Paul Robinson equalised for Carlisle with just 17 minutes left.

However, top-scorer Peter Duffield grabbed his 12th goal of the season to give York the win.

Darlington secured a 2-1 win over Southend at Feethams.

Barry Conlon put The Quakers ahead after 37 minutes, before Ashley Nicholls put them 2-0 up with just a few minutes remaining.

Tes Bramble grabbed one back for The Shrimpers, but it was too little too late.

Swansea City climbed off the bottom of the table and out of the relegation zone with a 2-0 win over Shrewsbury Town at the Vetch Field.

Goals from Matt Murphy (42) and Marc Richards (70) gave the Swans all three points.

Boston United are now bottom of the table after their 1-0 home loss to Leyton Orient.

Chris Tate's goal after just five minutes gave the East Londoners an impressive win.

Exeter now also find themselves in the bottom three after they lost to high-flying Bury 1-0 at Gigg Lane.

A Liam George goal after 82 minutes was enough to seal the points.

Click below for match summaries:
Boston United 0-1 Leyton Orient
Bournemouth 2-1 Scunthorpe United
Bury 1-0 Exeter City
Cambridge United 3-1 Macclesfield Town
Darlington 2-1 Southend United
Hartlepool United 2-1 Kidderminster Harriers
Oxford United 1-0 Lincoln City
Rushden & Diamonds 2-1 Bristol Rovers
Swansea City 2-0 Shrewsbury Town
Torquay United 2-2 Rochdale
Wrexham 0-0 Hull City
York City 2-1 Carlisle United

Click here for Division Three table