Barnsley boss Andy Ritchie has confirmed his interest in signing Brighton & Hove striker Colin Kazim-Richards.
The 19-year-old's future at The Withdean Stadium has been the subject of speculation this summer, with the former Bury hit-man having had a transfer request turned down by The Seagulls last week.
Now, Tykes boss Ritchie has confirmed making an enquiry for the talented teenager.
"We are interested in Colin and have made an enquiry to Brighton," Ritchie told the club's official website.
"That is as far as it has gone at the moment, although things are still ongoing."
Ritchie's comments come after his Brighton counterpart in Mark McGhee claimed on Tuesday morning that the South Coast outfit have not received any contact from other clubs for Kazim-Richards.
"We have had no contact from Barnsley or any other club," McGhee told Brighton's official website.
"No club has made a direct approach to either myself or the chairman. We have heard the rumours too, but there has been no bid."
Meanwhile, Barnsley have handed a trial to Bristol City midfielder Grant Smith.
The much-travelled Smith will train with the South Yorkshire club during the week, as Ritchie assesses making a move for the 26-year-old.