Mark Hughes says QPR want to extend midfielder Jacob Mellis' trial at the west London club.
The 21-year-old was released by Chelsea in March after he set off a smoke grenade at their training ground.
Mellis spent last week training with Championship side Burnley, before moving to QPR, where he scored for the reserves in Tuesday's 2-1 defeat against West Ham.
"We have had the boy in for a couple of days," said Hughes.
"It is a little bit difficult to really get to see him because we are preparing for really important Premier League games, but we will try and keep him for a couple of weeks.
"We'll see what he has to offer and take it from there."