Tevez return 'impossible'
Man City boss Roberto Mancini is willing a conclusion to the arduous Carlos Tevez transfer saga.
Last Updated: 20/01/12 12:23pm
Manchester City manager Roberto Mancini is willing a conclusion to the arduous Carlos Tevez transfer saga and maintains there is no chance the striker will return to the club.
As revealed by Sky Sports sources, Tevez's advisor, Kia Joorabchian, has now opened preliminary discussions with Paris Saint Germain over a potential move for the former City captain.
City have also been involved in recent dialogue with Inter Milan over the 27-year-old striker, while AC Milan withdrew from talks with the club.
Tevez has not played for City since September and is currently in his native Argentina awaiting a possible transfer.
Mancini said: "I hope this will finish very quickly. I don't know [the latest].
"I think he has talked with PSG and Inter, but not Milan. I hope for him everything can finish very quickly."
Mancini was on Friday asked if Tevez could return to the City team if a move fails to materialise before the end of the January transfer window.
The Italian, speaking at a press conference to preview Sunday's Premier League clash with Tottenham, said: "This is impossible. Carlos doesn't want to stay.
"It is important for him to start to play, because he is a football player.
"It is now three months that he hasn't played and this is not good for him."
Meanwhile, City defender Nedum Onuoha is edging closer to a possible move to QPR, which is again a story uncovered by Sky Sports.
The 25-year-old Academy graduate on Monday appeared as a substitute in the Premier League leaders' win at Wigan, but has otherwise struggled for opportunities since returning from a loan at Sunderland.
Mancini again said when asked for the latest news: "I don't know. They were talking yesterday. Maybe today or tomorrow, it is possible.
"Nedum deserves to play. He is a good guy and if he stays here he will maybe play one or two games. That is not enough for a young player."
Mancini has in recent weeks created headlines himself by waving imaginary cards at officials during matches.
The most recent incidence occurred at Wigan when Mancini wanted Maynor Figueroa sent off for denying a goalscoring opportunity with a handball.
Mancini earlier in January called for Liverpool's Martin Skrtel to be dismissed by making a similar gesture and then accused Manchester United's Wayne Rooney of doing the same against City.
The City boss has been criticised for his actions, but he has blamed cultural differences and does not think the matter is a big deal.
He said: "I am happy that it is something for people to talk about. I did nothing."