Chris Hughton insists there has been no increased bid from Norwich City for Robert Snodgrass since Leeds United rejected an offer last week.
The Canaries have held a long-standing interest in the Scotland international after first making a move for Snodgrass last summer.
But their efforts to prise him away from Elland Road have intensified this summer after having two undisclosed bids - reported to be £1.75million and £2.25million - rejected by the Whites.
The latest offer was turned down by the Championship club a week ago and there have been reports that Norwich have returned with another bid.
However, speaking after Tuesday's 1-0 friendly win over Celtic at Parkhead, Hughton stated the Canaries had not put in an increased offer for Snodgrass.
Hughton said: "We did put a bid in for him a week or so ago and that is where we are at.
"He is a player we would like, hence the reason we made the bid but of course he is a Leeds United player and until we are told otherwise that will be the case."
Snodgrass is in the final year of his contract at Leeds and Neil Warnock will only allow him to leave if the club's valuation is met.