Norwich chief executive David McNally insists Grant Holt is not for sale despite reaffirming his desire to leave Carrow Road.
Holt, who had a transfer request rejected by the club earlier this month, reiterated his intention to leave Norwich earlier on Friday due to "disagreements" with the club's board.
News of Holt's desire to leave has fuelled rumours of interest from a number of clubs, but McNally is adamant last season's top scorer is going nowhere.
"We are delighted he has loved it here, 70 goals in three seasons, every level of football he has scored at - 15 in the league last year, our captain, our talisman and the fans hero. He has won player of the year three years in a row and that has never been done at this marvellous football club and he is not for sale," McNally told Sky Sports News.
"If ever, hypothetically, you were to sell someone with such a record, what is the replacement cost? It is certainly bigger than the total budget that I have seen quoted for the club Lambert is talking to - but Grant Holt is not for sale."
McNally insists despite the uncertainty surrounding Paul Lambert's future none of the club's first-team are up for sale and he rejected suggestions their manager was looking to leave because of arguments over finances for signing players.
"None of our senior players are for sale and none of our younger players either - none of our first team squad are for sale," he said.
"We are in a healthy position and a very strong financial position, the best we have been for over 100 years, and we were planning for next season with that in mind with Paul.
"Our manager is in charge of who is coming in and going out, and we have not turned down one request for a player from Paul for financial reasons since he came to the club."