Burnley manager Sean Dyche says he hopes to add at least one new face to his squad before the transfer window closes.
Dyche has brought in eight new players to Turf Moor so far this summer as his side have enjoyed an unbeaten start to the new Championship campaign, picking up seven points from a possible nine.
The departures of Charlie Austin and Martin Paterson mean that Burnley's attacking options are thin on the ground and Dyche says that work is ongoing to get deals completed before September 2.
"If not, the loan window then opens, but it's an ongoing process," he told the Burnley Express.
"I think we, as ever, are trying to add people to the squad, and that hasn't changed. We want to build a depth to the squad when finances allow.
"We are doing our business as privately as we can, behind the scenes, and we feel that's appropriate.
"We're not powerful enough to give information out because the people who do speak openly about transfers are usually the ones who have lots of money.
"We have to shop accordingly. We have eyes on the market, but it takes everything to fall into place."