Crewe have confirmed that Stuart Fleetwood has turned down the offer of a move to Alexandra Stadium.
Steve Holland had been hoping to bring in the striker from Forest Green and earlier this week had a bid accepted by the non-league side.
However, the former Cardiff player, who has scored 26 goals this season, has decided to stay with Forest Green.
Fleetwood said in a statement: "It is a decision I have reached along with my family. Everyone at Rovers has made us so welcome, from the boardroom to the supporters on the terraces.
"My mother in particular has a genuine affection for the club and everyone she meets each match day. The club is now part of my family as well and I am committed with my team-mates to making this the best ever season that the club have experienced in their history.
"Obviously I have been kept informed by the club of all the interest shown and I can honestly state that even if any other clubs come in with a late bid before the transfer window closes, I am not interested.
"The summer may be a different matter but I owe a debt of gratitude to the gaffer (Jim Harvey). At a time when many thought my career had ended, he had faith in me and I love the way he has the lads playing and that has helped me tremendously."
Holland is continuing to search for new players but has also been frustrated in his efforts to sign Steve Jones on loan from Burnley.
The 31-year-old forward picked up a knee injury at the weekend and Clarets boss Owen Coyle is thought to be keen to keep hold of him until he has added to his own options.
"We tried to bring Steve in last week but that didn't prove successful and he was in Burnley's squad on Saturday," Holland told Crewe's official website.
"He got on towards the end and we have had reports that he picked up a knee injury.
"We do not know the full extent of that but it would scupper any possible deal at the moment."