Loading Market ...

Football Betting

Up To £30 Free Matched Bet

PLYMOUTH ARGYLE lost for the first time in 20 league matches at snowy Scunthorpe, where former Greens loanee Lee Hodges scored twice to cap an impressive win for The Iron.

It caps a miserable week for The Pilgrims, who were dumped out of the FA Cup at Bristol Rovers on Tuesday, but they remain on top of Division Three with a five-point lead.

Hodges (pictured) gave Brian Laws' side the lead after just six minutes and his second followed soon after before Argyle pulled a goal back through defender Graham Coughlan shortly after the interval.

Luton will be disappointed they could not close the gap on Argyle as they were held to a 2-2 draw at home to Hartlepool.

Steven Howard fired Joe Kinnear's side in front 10 minutes before half time, but Darrell Clarke brought Hartlepool on level terms on the stroke of half time.

Clarke's second goal put the Teessiders in front, but veteran Marvin Johnson levelled the scores late on.

Leyton Orient got their promotion push back on track with an emphatic 5-0 win against Lincoln City.

Wayne Gray, who is on-loan at Brisbane Road from Wimbledon, put The O's in front and Steve Watts doubled The O's lead after the interval.

Watts second effectively wrapped up the points for the Londoners with the third and Scott Canham got in on the act with his first goal for the club, before Scott Houghton made it 5-0 late on.

Rushden & Diamonds moved back into eighth place with a convincing 3-1 win against Carlisle at Nene Park.

The Cumbrians hopes of taking anything from the match took a blow after 15 minutes when Michael Jack was given his marching orders, but Stuart Elliott gave them a shock lead after 26 minutes.

It wasn't to last long though as Onandi Lowe levelled for The Diamonds within two minutes and Paul Hall's first goal for the club gave them the lead.

Steve Whitehead then put through his own goal to wrap up a convincing win for Brian Talbot's side.

Torquay had to settle for a share of the spoils in a six-goal thriller against Oxford at Plainmoor, where both side's defensive frailties were frequently exposed.

David Graham, picked in his favoured centre forward role, put The Gulls ahead after 19 minutes and Greg Goodridge grabbed his first goal since returning to South Devon minutes later.

Manny Omoyimni pulled a goal back immediately after the break and Andy Crosby's first goal for the club levelled the scores.

Richard Logan, on loan at Plainmoor from Ipswich fired The Gulls back in front with his first goal for the club, but Paul Moody made it 3-3 with 11 minutes remaining.

Darlington's clash with Cheltenham fell victim to the weather, while Halifax's clash with Kidderminster and York's trip across the Pennines to Rochdale were also called off.

Click on a link below for the full match facts:
Darlington P-P Cheltenham
Halifax P-P Kidderminster
Leyton Orient 5-0 Lincoln
Luton 2-2 Hartlepool
Rochdale P-P York
Rushden & Diamonds 3-1 Carlisle
Scunthorpe 2-1 Plymouth
Torquay 3-3 Oxford

Click here for the Division Three table.