League One round-up

Loading Market ...

Football Betting

Up To £30 Free Matched Bet

Southend United moved further clear at the summit of League One after a comfortable 3-0 win over Hartlepool at Roots Hall.

Midfielder Mark Gower gave Steve Tilson's side a dream start when he netted in the first minute before Freddy Eastwood (51 & 71) stole the headlines with a second half double.

Huddersfield moved up to second place thanks to Andy Booth's 81st minute leveller at Port Vale, who had earlier taken the lead through Michael Cummins just shy of the hour mark.

Brentford fall from the the automatic promotion places after a home defeat to Doncaster, who had Sean Thornton's strike in the 59th minute to thank for maximum spoils.

Swansea too were shy of their best form as they lost on their travels 1-0 to Gillingham, with Darren Byfield netting the game's only goal in the 54th minute from the penalty spot.

Barnsley could only draw 0-0 with Bournemouth at Oakwell, which means Oldham are now level on points with Andy Ritchie's side after putting Blackpool to the sword 3-1 at Boundary Park.

Keith Southern gave Pool the lead in the 42nd minute but Oldham were level on the stroke of half time courtesy of in-form Luke Beckett, who completed a hat-trick in the second half - his third a penalty four minutes from time.

Nottingham Forest's upturn in fortunes continued at The City Ground as an own goal from Trent McClenahan (20) and then further strikes from Grant Holt (34) and Ian Breckin (94) secured a 3-0 win over MK Dons. 

Rotherham's bid to beat the drop was helped greatly by an excellent 3-1 defeat of Bristol City at Millmoor. A brace from Jonathan Forte (27 & 47), on loan from Sheffield United, sandwiched an effort from Paul Shaw (39) - with City's consolation coming from Cole Skuse ten minutes from time.

Colchester could only draw 0-0 on their visit to Scunthorpe, while a Jamie Cureton brace in the 53rd and 90th minute respectively gave Swindon a vital three points courtesy of a 2-0 defeat of Chesterfield.

Bradford came from two goals behind at Walsall to secure a 2-0 draw, with Mark Bower and David Wetherall The Bantams' heroes in the second half with goals in the 46th and 49th minutes.

Walsall had looked to have been cruising when they took a two-goal advantage into half time through strikes from Kevin James and Chris Westwood.

Yeovil and Tranmere also shared four goals in a 2-2 stalemate at Huish Park. Matt Harrold gave the home side the lead in the fifth minute, only for Ian Goodison to find a leveller six minutes before the break.

Harrold struck again with 20 minutes remaining but Chris Greenacre had the final say when he secured Rovers an away point in the 77th minute.

Barnsley 0-0 Bournemouth
Brentford 0-1 Doncaster Rovers
Gillingham 1-0 Swansea City
Nottingham Forest 3-0 Milton Keynes Dons
Oldham Athletic 3-1 Blackpool
Port Vale 1-1 Huddersfield Town
Rotherham United 3-1 Bristol City
Scunthorpe United 0-0 Colchester United
Southend United 3-0 Hartlepool United
Swindon Town 2-0 Chesterfield
Walsall 2-2 Bradford City
Yeovil Town 2-2 Tranmere Rovers