League One round-up

Loading Market ...

Football Betting

Up To £30 Free Matched Bet

Walsall moved to the top of League One, but will be disappointed to have not taken all three points against Southend.

After a goalless first half, Wayne Gray gave the visitors a fine start to the second period, heading home on 49 minutes. Walsall then turned the game on its head in three minutes, with Matt Fryatt nodding home from a similar position to Gray, before Jorge Leitao added number two.

However, Paul Merson's side lost their 100 percent record in the 89th minute as Shrimpers new boy Shaun Goater tucked away Kevin Maher's cross to make it 2-2.

A late goal also denied Gillingham all three points at Glanford Park, after Andy Hessenthaler opened the scoring with a fine strike from 18 yards. The Gills were reduced to ten men after Darren Byfield received his second yellow card in the dying minutes. And Scunthorpe took full advantage of their numerical superiority to claim a share of the spoils in injury time, as Richard Hinds converted after good work by Peter Beagrie.

Elsewhere, Bradford enjoyed a comfortable 2-0 victory after Dean Windass notched a brace at Valley Parade. The game's major turning point came in the 27th minute, as Ben Chorley saw red for bringing down Andrew Cooke in front of goal. Windass coolly tucked away the penalty, and then doubled the lead seven minutes into the second half with a fine finish from a Ben Muirhead cross.

The afternoon was rather less pleasant for Swansea, who had two men sent off in a 3-1 defeat at Huddersfield. The home side had Danny Schofield to thank for all three goals after he set up both first half efforts before scoring the third.

Andy Booth reacted quickest to pounce after Schofield's shot was saved in the 27th minute, and then Pawel Abbott volleyed home a Schofield pass after Lee Trundle had levelled for Swansea from the spot. Schofield then capped a fine display with a magnificent 20 yard drive, 15 minutes from time. Kristian O'Leary and Izzy Iriekpen were sent off for a professional foul and violent conduct respectively for Swansea.

Swindon moved off the bottom of League One with a 2-1 victory over Nottingham Forest. The home side took the lead through Rory Fallon before the highly-rated Kris Commons levelled following a Nicky Southall cross. Sean O'Hanlon won the game for County in the 73rd minute, heading home at the far post from a Christian Roberts corner.

Bristol City now finds themselves propping up the rest of the table after suffering a 2-0 defeat at Bournemouth. The Cherries went into the break a goal up after a delicious 25-yard free kick from Brian Stock midway through the first half. And the hosts were then afforded the perfect start to the second half when David Partridge handled to allow James Hayter to convert from the spot.

The Robins are joined in the bottom four by Yeovil and Blackpool, who ground out a 1-1 draw. Blackpool took the lead in the 15th minute through the prolific John Murphy, before Kevin Amankwaah equalised right on the break.

Rotherham, Colchester and Hartlepool all secured 1-0 victories, against Chesterfield, Barnsley and Doncaster respectively.

Martin Butler got the winner on the hour mark for Rotherham, whilst Chris Iwelumo (48) and Jon Daly (45) hit the all-important strikes for Colchester and Hartlepool either side of half time.

Bournemouth 2-0 Bristol City
Bradford 2-0 MK Dons
Chesterfield 0-1 Rotherham
Colchester 1-0 Barnsley
Doncaster 0-1 Hartlepool
Huddersfield 3-1 Swansea
Scunthorpe 1-1 Gillingham
Swindon 2-1 Nott'm Forest
Walsall 2-2 Southend
Yeovil 1-1 Blackpool