League One Round-Up

Loading Market ...

Football Betting

Up To £30 Free Matched Bet

Colchester United remain top of League One after coming from a goal down to defeat Peterborough United 2-1 at Layer Road.

It was Barry Fry's side who took the lead 10 minutes in when David Farrell gave Posh a one-goal lead.

The U's, however, turned the match on its head with two second half goals, as Wayne Andrews (pictured) levelled matters from the penalty spot on 58 minutes.

Phil Parkinson's side made it three wins out of three when a Craig Ireland own-goal six minutes later gave the Essex-based club victory.

Luton Town also maintained their 100 percent record in the division following a seven-goal thriller at Barnsley.

Michael Boulding gave The Tykes an early lead before Steve Howard equalised two minutes later.

On-loan striker Rowan Vine gave The Hatters the lead a minute before the break before substitute Ahmet Brkovic made a dramatic entrance by scoring Luton's third on the stroke of half time.

Steve Robinson increased the visitors' lead on 66 minutes before former Leeds United man Stephen McPhail made it 4-2 six minutes later.

Barnsley made the scoreline more respectable in the dying stages when Boulding got his second goal, but Luton ultimately took the points at Oakwell.

Hull City suffered their first defeat since promotion after a dramatic 3-2 reverse at Port Vale.

Nicky Barmby gave The Tigers a one-goal lead on 14 minutes before Sam Collins equalised for the home side mid-way through the half.

Stephen Brooker put The Valiants ahead six minutes after the break for 2-1 before two more goals were scored in injury time.

Hull thought they had earned an away point when Stuart Elliott made it 2-2, but Brooker became Vale's hero with his second goal moments later to give Martin Foyle's side the points at Vale Park.

Brentford handed Wrexham their first defeat of the new season when Kevin O'Connor struck with five minutes remaining to give The Bees all three points at Griffin Park.

Eugene Dadi's strike three minutes before half time gave Tranmere Rovers a 1-0 win over Chesterfield at Prenton Park.

Sheffield Wednesday won a six-goal contest over promoted Torquay United at Plainmoor.

The Owls took the lead through a Steven MacLean penalty on eight minutes, but Jo-Osei Kuffour brought The Gulls level a minute before the break.

Wednesday took the lead through Graeme Lee on 51 minutes before Martin Gritton made it 2-2 on the hour mark.

Chris Turner's side, however, took the points in South Devon with late goals from Lee Peacock (74) and Paul Heckingbottom (80) for the 4-2 scoreline.

Bradford City took the Yorkshire derby clash with promoted Doncaster Rovers with two first half goals from Mark Bower (8) and Lee Crooks (45).

Donny finished the match at Valley Parade with ten men, as Adriano Rigoglioso was sent off for violent conduct in the dying stages.

Oldham Athletic won a thrilling eight-goal contest to defeat Walsall 5-3 at Boundary Park.

The Saddlers were two goals in front from Matty Fryatt (29) and Daryl Taylor (34) before a David Eyres brace sent The Latics into the break on level terms.

Oldham then scored two goals in four second half minutes from Dean Holden (50) and Rodney Jack (54) for a 4-2 lead.

Fryatt pulled one back from the penalty spot to make the final stages interesting, but Adam Griffin scored Oldham's fifth in injury time to seal the win.

Stockport County kept Blackpool from earning their first point of the new season with a 4-0 thrashing of The Seasiders at Bloomfield Road.

Danny Jackman (10), Warren Feeney (31) and two goals from Luke Beckett (50 and 64) sealed an emphatic away win for Sammy McIlroy's Hatters.

Swindon Town earned their win of the season with a 2-1 success against Milton Keynes Dons at The County Ground.

Sam Parkin gave The Robins the lead before Allan Smart made it 1-1 three minutes before the break.

Andy King's side, however, would earn their first win through Brian Howard on 63 minutes.

Finally, Bristol City earned their first away point of the season with a 2-2 draw at Bournemouth.

Carl Fletcher gave The Cherries a one-goal lead at the break before Leroy Lita made it three goals in as many matches to level matters on 77 minutes.

James Hayter restored Bournemouth's lead with two minutes left, but new Robins signing Jamie Smith earned Brian Tinnion's side a point in injury time at Dean Court.

Click below for match summaries:

League One
Barnsley 3-4 Luton
Blackpool 0-4 Stockport
Bournemouth 2-2 Bristol City
Bradford 2-0 Doncaster
Brentford 1-0 Wrexham
Colchester 2-1 Peterborough
Oldham 5-3 Walsall
Port Vale 3-2 Hull
Swindon 2-1 MK Dons
Torquay 2-4 Sheff Wed
Tranmere 1-0 Chesterfield

Click here for an updated League One table.