LDV Vans Southern Section Round-Up

Loading Market ...

Football Betting

Up To £30 Free Matched Bet

LDV Vans Trophy holders Bristol City crashed out of the competition at the first round after a 4-0 thumping to Plymouth at Home Park.

Marino Keith gave the hosts the lead on ten minutes and Nathan Lowndes added a second on the stroke of half time for The Pilgrims.

Peter Gilbert added a third ten minutes after the break to put the home side in total control and Lowndes grabbed his second to seal the resounding win.

Colchester came from a goal down to beat Cheltenham 3-1 at Whaddon Road.

Martin Devaney fired the home side in front on 18 minutes, but Joe Keith levelled matters five minutes before the break. Rowan Vine grabbed the win for Colchester with a second half brace (65, 88).

Matthew Judge's last-gasp goal earned Luton a hard-fought 1-0 win at Conference side Stevenage.

Division Three outfit Yeovil caused a shock knocking out Division Two side Bournemouth at Huish Park

Jake Edwards fired the hosts in front with his first goal for Yeovil and Gavin Williams doubled the lead from the penalty spot four minutes from time.

John Gorman recorded his first victory as Wycombe boss with a 1-0 win over Cambridge.

Guy Branston netted the all-important winning goal for the home side on 20 minutes.

Brentford survived a major scare before seeing off Conference side Barnet 3-1 on penalties after the game ended 3-3 after extra-time.

The non-league outfit got off to a flying start with Guy Lopez firing them in front after just six minutes and Sol Henry doubled the lead from the penalty spot on 34 minutes.

Brentford fought back and pulled a goal back on 52 minutes with Jay Tabb netting but The Division Two outfit suffered a blow minutes later with Ben May seeing red for violent conduct.

The numbers were evened up on 85 minutes with Mark Cumberbatch's dismissal on his debut for Barnet for a professional foul and from the resulting penalty Stephen Hunt equalised for Brentford

Tabb seemed to have netted the winner for Brentford with his second on 98 minutes, but Liam Hatch hit back six minutes later.

Neither side could find a winner and the game came down to penalties where Brentford held their nerve to secure their place in the second round.

Southend booked their place in the second round following a 2-1 win over Bristol Rovers after extra time at Roots Hall with Mark Gower grabbing the winner.

Lewis Haldane kept up his rich vein of form with his third goal in three games to give Rovers the lead after 36 minutes, but Leon Constantine responded for the hosts three minutes later.

Gower netted the crucial winner for the hosts on 110 minutes into extra time to enable Southend to progress.

Queens Park Rangers eased into the second round with a comfortable 2-0 victory over Kidderminster at Loftus Road.

Richard Pacquette netted the opener for the hosts on 40 minutes and Arthur Gnohere made sure of the win with the second ten minutes from time.

David Farrell's Silver Goal gave Peterborough a 3-2 extra time win over Torquay at London Road.

Sagi Burton fired Peterborough in front on 18 minutes from the penalty spot, but Kevin Wills levelled things after 29 minutes.

Parity was short-lived as Andy Clarke restored the home side's lead just two minutes later, but Torquay hit back again to equalise through Jimmy Benefield on 38 minutes.

Peterborough secured their place in the second round with Farrell netting the winner seven minutes into the first period of extra time.

Click on fixture for full match summary

Barnet v Brentford
Cheltenham v Colchester
Peterborough v Torquay
Plymouth v Bristol City
QPR v Kidderminster
Southend v Bristol Rovers
Stevenage v Luton
Wycombe v Cambridge United
Yeovil v Bournemouth