Richard Cresswell has rubbished reports suggesting he is seeking a move away from Stoke.
The striker has struggled to force his way into Tony Pulis' plans this term and has been restricted to just two Premier League starts so far.
His frustration at a lack of action has led to rumours that he has become unsettled and is keen to move on in January.
However, the 31-year-old insists that is not the case and has reiterated his desire to fight for a regular role at the Britannia Stadium.
"I think people are going to write things when players aren't playing," Cresswell told The Sentinel.
"They will stir up a few things, but we have a good team and a good squad. The manager is building for the future and I want to be part of that.
"Everyone wants to play and I am a player that has played a lot of football in the past.
"But I have to be patient. Ryan Shawcross was out of the team earlier on in the season, but has got himself back in the team and that is what I am looking to do."
Cresswell is expected to be handed a rare run-out when the Potters entertain Rotherham in the Carling Cup on Tuesday and accepts that he needs to make the most of his limited opportunities.
He said: "It is my only chance to get out and play 90 minutes on Tuesday, so hopefully I will be able to do that and put in a good performance.
"It is tough, but I think that is what happens when you get promoted to the Premier League. The squad gets bigger.
"You don't have the option of loan deals as we did last season, so you have to have a bigger squad to cope with injuries. The squad will play its part and the manager is keeping everyone together for that reason."