Outgoing Wolves boss Stale Solbakken thinks he should have been given more time to turn the Championship side's fortunes around.
The Norwegian only took charge last summer but was sacked on Saturday night after Wolves were beaten 1-0 by non-league Luton in a third-round FA Cup tie at Kenilworth Road.
Solbakken's position was already under intense scrutiny after three defeats over the festive season had left Wolves a lowly 18th in the Championship, and the Cup exit proved to be the final straw for the club's owners.
Asked whether he should have been given more time, Solbakken said: "Yes. I am not a bitter person but, obviously, I think it was the wrong decision.
"But it's the name of the game and I sincerely hope Wolves can climb the table and will be successful. I have enjoyed every minute of it."
Solbakken pointed out that his efforts had been hampered by very bad luck with injuries, more than 10 players having been in the treatment room at one point recently.
He said: "I understand it (the sacking), especially with the last three of four performances and results, but we are in the middle of January and a lot of players are soon coming back, so it's a good combination for changing things.
"But that was not to be and you have to respect that. It's not my club and not my money."