Wolves fail in Lafferty bid
By Mark Buckingham. Last Updated: January 1, 1970 1:00am
Burnley have rejected an undisclosed offer from Wolves for striker Kyle Lafferty.
Clarets manager Steve Cotterill revealed on Tuesday that the Black Country club had enquired about the Northern Ireland international's availability.
Though the question was given short shrift, Wolves have gone back in with a firm bid for the 19-year-old.
The offer has been rejected by Burnley, with chairman Barry Kilby insisting Lafferty, who is under contract until 2010, is not for sale.
"Wolves have been back in touch regarding the availability of Kyle," Kilby told the club's official website.
"I had an in initial chat with (Wolves chief executive) Jez Moxey last week when they first expressed an interest and we told them he was not for sale.
"Wolves have made an official offer for the player, which we have rejected immediately.
"Kyle is very much a part of our plans for the future and I reiterate that he is not for sale."