Nottingham Forest boss Colin Calderwood has admitted that he is keen to bolster his attacking options before the loan window closes.
The Reds, who currently prop up the Championship table, have until Thursday to push any potential deals through.
With Robert Earnshaw currently ruled out with a calf injury, and former England international Andy Cole having been released, Forest are desperately short in a key area of the field.
Joe Garner and Nathan Tyson have begun to show signs that they are capable of forming a promising partnership, but Calderwood remains determined to get fresh faces on board.
"We will have a look, the question mark over Robert makes us want to make sure we are strong enough in that department," Calderwood told the Nottingham Evening Post.
"We haven't really had an eye on things before, because we had been encouraged by what we had seen from the players who had been coming back.
"But we are doing a bit of work now and I think there might be a bit of a flurry (in the transfer market) on Thursday because there are eight or nine games between now and January.
"It is important for us that we have enough cover because another couple of injuries would make us a look very skinny.
"People who are injured will be fit again shortly, others might take a little longer - but we will keep going because we are up for the fight."
Motherwell striker Chris Porter has been mentioned as a possible new recruit, but transfer regulations dictate that any move for the former Oldham man would have to wait until the New Year.
"We are aware of Chris's situation but that is not a new development, we have tracked him for a while," said Calderwood.
"But you can't do anything until January with people from Scotland, Ireland and Wales.
"They are cross border transfers so we would not be able to do anything until January."