New Burnley manager Sean Dyche says he had no hesitation accepting the job at Turf Moor after his appointment was confirmed on Tuesday.
The Clarets appointed Dyche, who spent last season in charge at Watford, on a two-and-a-half year contract after Eddie Howe left to join League One side Bournemouth earlier this month.
Having attended Burnley's match at Cardiff over the weekend, the delay over confirming his appointment led to speculation that the 41-year-old might have cold feet.
But the former Chesterfield, Millwall and Watford centre-back insists the delay was down to nothing more than contractual formalities.
"It feels fantastic to be invited to be the manager of a great club," Dyche told Burnley's official website after taking training for the first time at their Gawthorpe training base.
"It didn't take me any time at all to accept the role, despite popular misconceptions.
"I wasn't at home having the weekend to think about it. I decided instantly and we got on with things as quickly as we could, but things still need to be put into place contractually.
"I was at Cardiff on Saturday to have a look at that and it was finally great to get out with the players on Tuesday.
"This is a club in some kind of transition after a spell in the Premier League, but it is clearly a club that wants to build and move forward and I desperately want to be a part of that and make sure that we do that."