Scunthorpe midfielder Josh Wright is likely to leave the club in the close season, according to the player's agent.
Wright had been heavily linked a January transfer window exit from the Glanford Park outfit, but that now appears unlikely.
That is the view of the 21-year-old's agent and father, Mark, who said interest from a handful of clubs in the Championship and League One was forthcoming.
He told the Scunthorpe Telegraph: "There are Championship clubs interested. I have had contact from maybe a bit higher as well and two or three biggish League One."
Wright has been granted permission to leave United by manager Ian Baraclough after complaining of homesickness.
But no concrete moves have materialised as of yet, said Wright senior, meaning the chances of the London-born star departing this month looked unlikely.
And a loan move to appease the want-away youngster is also doubtful as Baraclough wants Wright available to aid their survival bid.
Wright senior continued: "I have had quite a few clubs ask me, would United accept a loan deal?
"I put that to the manager on Friday and I don't think that will probably happen, but you never know.
"If Josh doesn't feature, if he goes out on loan for a month, then he can come back fit and raring to go if needed.
"But Ian has told me he is very much a part of his squad and his plans. He sees him getting back into the side."
Mark insisted it was vital his son kept playing regular first-team football to aid his chances of securing a deal, although relations between the parties remained cordial despite the public nature of Wright's desire to leave.
He added: "It is all very amicable, but Josh has got to play and if he is not going to feature at Scunthorpe and not going to get a transfer, then I think a loan move could be looked at. Hopefully that can be an option.
"Hopefully he will get some definite interest during the January window, but as we speak at the moment, Josh will probably move on in the summer."