Marcus Tudgay has ended speculation about a move to Burnley by signing a new four-year contract at Sheffield Wednesday.
The striker had been the subject of a bid from Burnley, described as 'derisory', as the Owls sought to hang on to the 26-year-old.
Tudgay was understood to have been keen to be given the chance to discuss a move to Turf Moor, having scored four goals in two appearances against Burnley last season.
However, he has now pledged his future to the Owls until 2013 and hopes to help the club secure a return to the Premier League.
He told the club's official website: "My game has really developed in my time at Sheffield Wednesday and I am extremely pleased to sign my new contract.
"Following extensive talks with the manager and the chairman, I am convinced that this club has the capability to reach the Premier League within the next few years.
"There's a really positive environment throughout the club and you can see things are progressing. My focus now is building on what we achieved last season and helping us in our aim of reaching the play-offs."
Owls boss Brian Laws is delighted the forward has signed a new contract and feels it sends out a positive message for the club.
Laws said: "I am absolutely delighted that Marcus has signed this new contract. As I have said before, Marcus is integral to my plans here at Sheffield Wednesday, he epitomises everything about the type of player I want in my team.
"He is a key player at this club and neither myself nor the chairman are interested in selling players who are crucial to our development.
"This also sends out the message that Sheffield Wednesday is a club moving in the right direction and one that is not looking to sell its best players."