Southampton manager Mark Wotte has pledged to support arrested strikers Bradley Wright-Phillips and David McGoldrick.
The duo are accused of assault and affray after allegedly assaulting a Saints supporter following a night out last month.
Police launched an investigation after a 21-year-old Southampton fan claimed he was attacked by Wright-Phillips and McGoldrick as he made his way home at 2am on Saturday, 7th February.
Saints boss Wotte told the club's official website: "I am aware of the allegations that have been made against my players.
"I have spoken to them both at length where they have explained to me what happened that night and I will support them 100 per cent.
"We are unable to comment any further at this time as the matter is under police investigation, however, I can assure our fans that everyone at the club remains focused on the remainder of the season."
A Hampshire Police spokeswoman said: "Hampshire Constabulary can confirm it has launched an investigation following an allegation of assault between 2am and 2.15am on February 7.
"A 23-year-old man and a 21-year-old man have been arrested on suspicion of affray and common assault and released on bail pending further enquiries."