Rudi Skacel has informed Southampton that he is keen to leave the club during the January transfer window.
The Czech Republic international joined the Saints from Hearts in the summer of 2006, joining up for a second time with current Scotland boss George Burley.
However, he has gradually fallen down the pecking since then and was omitted from Mark Wotte's squad for his first game in charge against Norwich on Tuesday.
The Dutchman admits he is yet to make a decision on Skacel's future, but accepts there will be inevitable departures before 2nd February.
"Rudi was due to sign another contract for another club abroad so he asked permission to negotiate and be ready for a medical," Wotte told the club's official website.
"I was a little surprised that he was still around, but while he is here we will consider everyone who is available.
"That said, we need a little consistency and we have to pick players that can do the best job possible.
"A decision has not been made yet. Rudi did well for the last couple of months, but he asked for a transfer and if anyone is not 100 per cent committed to Southampton Football Club then I don't want them to play for us."