Burnley's Carling Cup hero Kevin McDonald remains convinced he made the right decision in moving to Turf Moor.
McDonald secured the Clarets a spot in the Carling Cup semi-finals on Tuesday night after his brace sunk Arsenal's rookies.
The Scottish midfielder joined Burnley in the summer for £500,000 from Dundee, but had been linked with Celtic and Liverpool.
However, the 20-year-old is happy to have linked up with the Championship club as he knew he would be able to play on a regular basis.
"There were other clubs interested and a few wanted to sign me," said McDonald in The Sun. "I could have gone to bigger clubs where they've got big squads.
"I knew I would get first-team football here and maybe I wouldn't have played regularly at other places.
"But I knew the manager here and it's good here just now. Hopefully it'll continue.
"I said when I first signed it was a good decision to come to Burnley.
"No matter where I went I wanted to enjoy my football and that's what I am doing just now.
"And this club wants to go and play in the top league, although we have to work hard all the way through the season, not just on the odd night like this."