Southampton boss Nigel Pearson has hit out at Bradley Wright-Phillips and Nathan Dyer's 'unacceptable behaviour' after their involvement in an alleged incident at a nightclub last month.
Wright-Phillips and Dyer's future at the club could now be in doubt after CCTV footage apparently showed the pair in a back room of a Hampshire nightclub which is at the centre of theft allegations.
Pearson, who is believed to have fined the pair two weeks' wages, told a Saints fans' forum on Wednesday that he will not stand for indiscipline from his players and has dropped Wright-Phillips as a result - while Dyer is currently injured.
"There is no point hiding. (The headlines) have happened and they are not the kind of thing we want - and that is putting it mildly," said Pearson.
"It was unacceptable behaviour and I dealt with it as strongly as I could. I take an exceptionally dim view of it. One player is injured and the other is now unavailable because I have deemed him unavailable.
"Ultimately I take it as a personal reflection on me and the standards I intend to set and have set on the training ground. What I expect from them as people and professional footballers is very high."