Charlton striker Yann Kermorgant is facing around three months on the sidelines after undergoing successful surgery on a fractured ankle.
The 30-year-old Frenchman was hurt in training last week and subsequent scans eventually confirmed the extent of the injury.
Kermorgant has since had surgery on his ankle and now faces a lengthy recovery period which could keep him out until the New Year.
"Yann went under the knife on Wednesday night in the Cromwell Hospital in Chelsea. The ankle joint was stabilised and the operation was a success," Charlton physio Erol Umut told the club's official website.
"The surgeon and myself were happy, and Yann will now begin his recuperation."
Kermorgant has been a fixture in Charlton's first team since signing from Leicester City a year ago and is frustrated that his run in the side is over for now.
"It was a total accident, and these things happen at times. That's football, I suppose," Kermorgant said.
"Before the Ipswich game and before my injury, I was thinking I would try to play all the games if I could, but now I'm injured."
He added: "Blackburn is a big game on Saturday, of course, but I want to play every game. I don't care whether it's Blackburn or Peterborough United, I just want to play and win games and score goals."