Tyson to wait on move

Loading Market ...

Football Betting

Up To £30 Free Matched Bet

Coveted Wycombe Wanderers striker Nathan Tyson wants to put any transfer talk on hold until the New Year.

Tyson has established himself as one of the most prolific predators in the lower leagues, having scored 13 goals this season.

He rejected a move to Sheffield Wednesday last week, after the Championship club had a £700,000 bid accepted by Wycombe.

Nottingham Forest have also lodged an offer, while Cardiff City and Wigan Athletic are monitoring the situation.

The 23-year-old has previously suggested he would be interested in a move to Cardiff but would now prefer to concentrate on his football.

He admits he has been distracted by the speculation about his future and wants to place it on the back-burner until January.

"I need to get my head right," Tyson told the club's official website.

"Last week I was getting phone calls from my agent on Friday telling me that Sheffield Wednesday wanted me to go up there that day, so there was a lot of palaver and it was messing up my head.

"It's been like that for the last couple of weeks and I always thought to myself that I could deal with it but now it's just so annoying.

"I don't really need it and I've said to my agent that I just want to keep it all away from me now until January."