Latics stay top

Loading Market ...

Football Betting

Up To £30 Free Matched Bet

WIGAN remain at the head of Division Two and stretched their lead at the top to four points thanks to a 1-0 win against Huddersfield, while Bristol City left it very late to grab a draw at home to Luton Town.

Tranmere shot themselves in the foot by having two men sent off against Notts County and throwing away a two-goal lead to end up with a 2-2 draw, while Oldham remain unbeaten away from Boundary Park after getting the better of Chesterfield.

Wigan showed no ill effects of their midweek Worthington Cup defeat and stretched their unbeaten league run to 15 games when Jason de Vos struck on the stroke of half time at The JJB to dispose of visitors Huddersfield.

Steve Howard gave Luton the lead at Ashton Gate against Bristol City after 53 minutes and Joe Kinnear's Hatters looked like grabbing an unlikely three points before a dramatic end to the game.

Sol Davis was sent off late on and Peter Beadle struck at the death to earn a point for Danny Wilson's side and move them to within a point of second placed Cardiff.

Oldham maintained their superb away record by securing a 1-0 win at Saltergate against Chesterfield, as Iain Dowie's men remain the only side in England still unbeaten on their travels thanks to Fitz Hall's winner.

Crewe maintained their position in the play-off picture as they recorded a 3-1 win away at Swindon Town.

Dean Ashton, Steve Foster and Rodney Jack ensured that Dario Gradi's boys stretched their unbeaten run to eight games, with Sam Parkin's penalty the only consolation for The Robins.

Graham Allen got Tranmere off to a flier when he opened the scoring in the first minute, and Simon Howarth doubled the lead ten minutes later to put Rovers well in charge.

Mark Stallard reduced the arrears from the penalty spot before Ryan Taylor saw red for Rovers on the stroke of half time.

Graham Allen was then also dismissed late on before Stallard popped up again in the final minute to grab a point for the visiting Magpies.

Plymouth travelled up to Port Vale and made the perfect start at Vale Park when Micky Evans gave them the lead after just two minutes.

Stephen Brooker drew the home side level after 26 minutes but Marino Keith grabbed the winner for The Pilgrims five minutes before half time.

Honours were even in the West London derby as QPR and Brentford played out a 1-1 draw at Loftus Road.

Marc Bircham scored his first goal in two years to give Rangers the lead after 18 minutes, but Kevin O'Connor earned a point for the visitors when he notched on the half hour.

Steve McMahon's Blackpool side continue their good home form after they recorded a comfortable 3-0 win over struggling Peterborough.

Simon Grayson gave The Seasiders the lead after 17 minutes at Bloomfield Road, Martin Bullock doubled their advantage after 21 minutes and Richard Walker sealed the points just after the hour.

Andy White proved to be the difference between Mansfield and Barnsley at Oakwell as his 50th minute strike was enough to grab a valuable three points for The Stags.

Cheltenham and Wycombe played out a goalless draw in the other game of the day at Whaddon Road.

Match summaries:
Barnsley 0-1 Mansfield
Blackpool 3-0 Peterborough
Bristol City 1-1 Luton
Cheltenham 0-0 Wycombe
Chesterfield 0-1 Oldham
Port Vale 1-2 Plymouth
QPR 1-1 Brentford
Swindon 1-3 Crewe
Tranmere 2-2 Notts County
Wigan 1-0 Huddersfield

Click here for Division Two table