Bees stay top despite draw

Loading Market ...

Football Betting

Up To £30 Free Matched Bet

BRENTFORD remain top of Division Two after coming from two goals down against Notts County to earn a 2-2 draw at Meadow Lane.

Goals by Mark McCammon and Mark Williams (pictured) wiped out The Magpies two-goal lead after Mark Stallard and Paul Heffernan had put Notts County two goals up.

Stallard played a one-two with Danny Allsopp at the top of the Brentford penalty box to go clear and finish with a left-foot strike to make it 1-0 County.

Paul Heffernan made it 2-0 after side-footing home from six yards from an excellent pass that split the Brentford defence from Stallard.

However, McCammon got one back for Brentford after beating Craig Ireland one-on-one to slip the ball past Notts County goalkeeper Stuart Garden to his left.

Then Williams would equalise for The Bees late on to make it 2-2 as the West London side remain unbeaten so far this season.

Second place Wigan could not keep pace as Colchester United beat them by a single goal at Layer Road.

Dean Morgan curled a fine effort past Wigan goal keeper John Filan after turning defender Steve McMillan before half-time to give The U's the 1-0 victory.

High-flying Plymouth Argyle move to second in the table despite being pulled back to a 2-2 draw at Loftus Road after going two goals ahead against QPR.

David Friio started the scoring for The Pilgrims after capitalising on QPR defender Danny Shittu's failure to clear the ball and he fired a shot low off the post to give The Pilgrims a 1-0 lead.

Lee Hodges then gave Plymouth a 2-0 lead in the second half and things looked safe for Paul Sturrock's side.

However, new loan signing Jerome Thomas got one back for QPR after Paul Furlong won the ball in Plymouth's penalty box and he roofed the ball into the top of the net to make it 2-1.

Then in injury time, Richard Paquette dramatically equalised for the home side as Ian Holloway's side got a last-gasp point.

Crewe Alexandra had the big win of the day with 5-0 demolition of Mansfield Town at Field Mill.

Richard Walker made it 1-0 after finishing from close-range with a left-foot shot after Rodney Jack headed down a David Vaughn corner at the far post.

Jack made it 2-0 after he latched on to a Robert Hulse cross-field pass and he crashed a 20-yard strike home to put The Alex in command before the break.

Hulse made it 3-0 from close-range following a goal-mouth scramble after Jack's pace had again undone The Stags back-line.

Steven Foster and Kenny Lunt would find the net in the second half as The Alex ran out worthy winners while Stuart Watkiss's side will ponder what their season may be like since promotion from Division Three last season.

Bristol City moved up the table with their third-straight home win following a 2-0 victory over Tranmere Rovers at Ashton Gate.

Brian Tinnion put The Robins in front from the penalty spot after Tranmere's Graham Allen was harshly adjudged to have handled the ball in the penalty box.

Scott Murray would make it 2-0 by driving home a low shot through a crowd of players from a Robin Hulbert corner as Danny Wilson's side remain undefeated at home.

Cardiff City were held to a point in the West Country derby at Whaddon Road against Division Two newcomers Cheltenham Town.

Andy Campbell had put The Bluebirds in front but Neil Howarth equalised for Graham Allner's side as it finished 1-1.

Luton Town scored a vital win at home against Chesterfield with a 3-0 victory at Kenilworth Road.

Russell Perrett headed in a Kevin Nicholls corner from six yards out to give The Hatters a much-needed 1-0 lead.

Steven Howard made it 2-0 after the break and Dean Crowe would seal three valuable points for Joe Kinnear's side with the third for the Bedfordshire side.

Huddersfield Town had to settle for a point at the McAlpine Stadium after a 0-0 draw against Blackpool.

Wycombe Wanderers scored an impressive win at Oldham Athletic with a 2-0 victory at Boundary Park.

Dannie Bulman made it 1-0 for The Chairboys after collecting the ball 30 yards out and his strike from the top of The Latics penalty box which crept under a diving Leslie Pogliacomi.

Richard Harris made it 2-0 after turning his marker from 16 yards out and he hit a superb right-foot shot high into the net as Lawrie Sanchez's men took the points.

Stockport County beat Swindon Town by a single at County Ground thanks to a Luke Beckett winner.

He put home the rebound from two yards out after Ben Burgess's initial shot was blocked on the line by Swindon defender Alan Reeves.

A second half goal by Paul McGregor gave Northampton Town a 1-0 victory over Barnsley at the Sixfields Stadium.

The Cobblers were forced to play with ten after Ian Sampson was sent in the first half for a professional foul that lead to a Barnsley penalty.

However, Chris Lumsdon missed his spot-kick as The Tykes failed to get anything against the ten men of Northampton.

Port Vale scored a vital win after striker Brett Angell gave The Valiants a 1-0 win five minutes from time over Barry Fry's Peterborough United at Vale Park.

Click here for match stats:

Division Two
Bristol City 2-0 Tranmere
Cheltenham 1-1 Cardiff
Colchester 1-0 Wigan
Huddersfield 0-0 Blackpool
Luton 3-0 Chesterfield
Mansfield 0-5 Crewe
Northampton 1-0 Barnsley
Notts County 2-2 Brentford
Oldham 0-2 Wycombe
Port Vale 1-0 Peterborough
QPR 2-2 Plymouth
Swindon 0-1 Stockport

Click here for an updated Division Two table.