Simonsen in Prem link
By Graeme Bailey. Last Updated: January 1, 1970 1:00am
Steve Simonsen is being linked with a return to The Premiership.
Both Fuham and West Ham are said to be interested in landing the former Everton man who had a stellar season with Stoke City last term.
The 26-year-old still has one year left on his current contract and talks over a new one have opened.
However, news of interest from the Premiership is sure to appeal to the former Everton man.
"Obviously Steve is flattered to be linked with a move to The Premiership," his agent Lee Payne told skysports.com.
"We have not heard anything directly, however, and so Steve is still a Stoke player and is very much happy to be so."
The player himself added: "I've got this season left before my contract is up and I'm looking to extend it because I've really enjoyed it here."
New Stoke boss Johan Boskamp wants to keep the 26-year-old, but it may be hard to turn down a million plus offer.
Meanwhile, Boskamp is turning his attentions to bolstering the squad after taking charge last month.
The Dutchman confirmed he was planning to look at a number of trailists during pre-season.
"Two or three new players will come in and I will want to have a look at them in action," said Boskamp.
"I know two of them, one is a defender and one is a striker, and they are both international players.
"I haven't worked with them before but I know them.
"Maybe they come, maybe they don't.
"Finding new players has been hard and it's been driving me crazy, especially when we need to add seven or eight players."
One player who now seems unlikely to make the move is Anderlecht's Lamine Traore.
It is believed the Burkina Faso star would struggle for a work-permit and so he will not now be considered.
Another player not likely to feature in the near future is youngster Carl Dickinson, who has broken his ankle in training.