Gareth Southgate says there has been no contact from Wigan Athletic regarding Middlesbrough striker Mido.
The Egypt international claimed last week that he was wanted by Wigan boss Steve Bruce on a season-long loan deal.
Mido did not rule out a move to the JJB Stadium as he looks to secure regular first-team football once he is fully match fit.
However, he has been assured that he has a role to play at the Riverside after scoring as a substitute in Boro's opening two Premier League games this season.
He is likely to start against Yeovil Town in the Carling Cup on Tuesday night and Boro boss Southgate reiterated his intention to keep Mido at the club.
Part of things
"Mido should start against Yeovil," said Southgate. "He only returned on Friday.
"I have heard nothing from Wigan and I have told him he will get plenty of matches this season.
"He has come off the bench to score in both our first games of the season.
"He is part of things, he should realise that by the way he has got on so far."