Helenius bids knocked back
Aalborg continue to fend off interest in highly-rated frontman
By Ejder Akbal. Last Updated: August 20, 2012 4:57pm
Nicklas Helenius: The subject of several bids from clubs across Europe
Aalborg striker Nicklas Helenius continues to generate plenty of interest, with Premier League clubs said to be keen, but no offer has been accepted.
The 21-year-old Denmark international has been linked with several top clubs from across Europe, including Chelsea, Manchester City, Ajax, Feyenoord and Wolfsburg.
Bids have been lodged, with the scramble for his signature intensifying as the summer transfer window draws to a close.
Scouts continue to flock to watch Helenius in action, with an impressive strike rate in Danish football drawing plenty of admiring glances.
Aalborg are, however, prepared to hold out of the best possible price and have snubbed every approach so far.
They have also turned down a number of offers for highly-rated playmaker Lucas Andersen, with the 17-year-old another reported to be on his way to the big time in the not too distant future.
"We have recently received several concrete offers for Nicklas and Lucas, but they haven't been attractive enough for us so we have passed on them," Aalborg director Lynge Jakobsen told sporten.dk.
While there are no shortage of Premier League clubs keen to add Helenius to their ranks, the youngster is reluctant to secure a switch to England at this point.
He said: "A move is definitely a possibility, but it has to be the right move.
"If I leave, I would prefer to move to the Netherlands or Germany."