Samuel Eto'o has assured Inter Milan fans that he has no intention of leaving the club this summer.
The Cameroon international has been the subject of speculation linking him with a move away from Serie A following racial discrimination from opposing fans.
Manchester City are one of the clubs rumoured to be weighing up a bid, but Eto'o insists his future lies with Inter, who face Palermo in Sunday's Coppa Italia final.
The 30-year-old delivered a direct message to fans on the club's official website, saying: "Like you, I was amazed by reports of some newspapers, particularly from La Gazzetta dello Sport.
"I want to be clear, as I have always been throughout my career and with you, you have shown me great affection and great respect from my first day in Milan.
"Don't worry, I have only one thought - to win the Coppa Italia along with my team-mates.
"No professional situation, even if one was to embitter me, can take me away from Inter."
'Not for sale'
Inter president Massimo Moratti is adamant Eto'o is not for sale, while condemning those who subjected the African to racial abuse during the course of the 2010-11 season.
"These incidents are regrettable, but unfortunately it can happen," Moratti told Sky Sports Italia.
"Eto'o is not for sale. He is our player and he has no intention to leave," added Moratti, who had previously slapped a €50million (£43m) price tag on the player.
"The assessment of €50m was just a so to speak, we wish him to remain here and he will surely stay at Inter."
Meanwhile, Moratti admits Inter are on the lookout for a new striker but insists the club will not pay over the odds for Udinese's Alexis Sanchez.
Moratti said: "He's very strong but we are also looking for other strikers and we haven't the need to buy a striker at any cost."