Manchester City have confirmed the capture of Adam Johnson from Middlesbrough for an undisclosed fee.
The former England U21 international, who agreed terms with the Blues on Monday, has put pen to paper on a four-and-a-half year contract.
Johnson had been strongly linked with a switch to Eastlands as the January transfer window drew to a close, and City have finally landed their man.
He goes straight into Roberto Mancini's plans for Saturday's trip to Hull City.
The tricky winger made his debut for Boro in March 2005 at just 17 years old, with the North East outfit regarding him as a potential star of the future.
Initially his progress in the North East was hindered by the presence of England ace Stewart Downing, with Johnson unable to hold down a regular role in the side.
However, he has risen to the fore this season, his last under contract at Boro, and has been attracting interest for much of the campaign.
City are delighted to have secured his signature, with Mancini expecting big things from the 22-year-old playmaker.
"We are delighted that Adam has chosen to come here," the Italian told City's official website.
"He is a very good player with fantastic potential, and as a club we are always keen to sign British talent."
Johnson has also expressed his delight at resolving any uncertainty regarding his future.
"It's been a tough day for me. I've never been through this before because I have been at Middlesbrough my whole career, but it's nice to get signed and I can't wait to get started," Johnson told Sky Sports News.
"I have been in a medical all afternoon, but because it's my first time I didn't know what to expect. Now it's done it was all worth it.
"(Boro boss) Gordon Strachan was fantastic from day one. He understood that I'm an ambitious person and this is a once in a lifetime opportunity that I couldn't turn down."