Newcastle star Jonas Gutierrez is hoping to make his return from injury on Monday against Manchester City.
The Argentine international made a big impact during the opening weeks of the season following his summer move from Real Mallorca.
However, he broke his collar-bone playing for his country last month and has been sidelined for the last four weeks.
Gutierrez is now hopeful he will be able to feature on Monday when The Magpies host Manchester City.
"We are trying as quickly as we can [to get me back], but it is difficult and we are trying if possible for the next match and if not then Sunderland, but we are just trying to get it right," he told Sky Sports News.
Gutierrez is desperate to return to help Newcastle, who have plummeted down the league during his time on the sidelines.
"I want to help the team, I know if you are out you cannot help the team, we are having a difficult time at the moment and I want to be right and playing," he continued.
The South American wide-man admits he is loving life on Tyneside.
"It was one of my dreams when I came to Europe, to play in England and the Premier League and it is beautiful for me to play here and I want to be back and playing soon."
Meanwhile, Gutierrez's former club Mallora are still chasing Newcastle for money they feel is owed to them.
A court date for February has now been set by a Spanish judge with Mallorca claiming they are owed €10million (£8million) by Newcastle.
Gutierrez walked away from Mallorca under Fifa rules after invoking article 17 - but the Spanish side remain insistent that they are due a big pay-out.
"Newcastle are responsible," Mallorca's lawyer Vicente Morales said.
"Newcastle have signed Jonas without paying a Euro."
Mallorca are claiming that they have a written offer from Portsmouth of £8million, which they believe shows what value the player had before he walked away from the club.