Stoke boss Mark Hughes hits out at Tottenham's Sandro
Stoke boss Mark Hughes has hit back at Tottenham midfielder Sandro after he delivered a warning to Charlie Adam.
Last Updated: 03/01/14 9:11am
Tottenham were furious with Adam for his challenge on Paulinho at the weekend, which left the Brazilian with ankle ligament damage and will sideline him for at least a month.
Spurs made an official complaint to a Football Association disciplinary panel, which was rejected - but, on Monday, Sandro tweeted a message to Adam saying 'The Beast', as he is often referred to, was watching him.
Adam had already tweeted himself saying he had nothing against any Spurs players, but Hughes has responded to Sandro's own message and even hopes the FA take action.
"We don't appreciate some of their players Twittering on their own sites about 'Waiting for Charlie'. I think that has the potential for a disrepute charge in itself, so we'll see if that's responded to," Hughes told The Sentinel.
"I was disappointed it went to a disciplinary panel as the referee (Kevin Friend) was two yards away from it.
"Apparently he said he didn't see it. I was disappointed as the referee should have seen it was a genuine attempt to win the ball."
Hughes insisted that Adam had no issue with Tottenham, given previous controversies he has had with the club.
"Absolutely not," he said. "Why would he? It doesn't make sense.
"But there's a lot of good players who couldn't tackle."