Redknapp sets out Pav stance
Spurs boss will only let Russian striker go if he can find a replacement
Last Updated: December 10, 2011 3:59pm
Roman Pavlyuchenko: The Russian striker could be leaving Spurs - if they can find a replacement
Tottenham boss Harry Redknapp says Roman Pavlyuchenko will not be allowed to leave the club in January unless he can find a suitable replacement.
The Russian striker, who has yet to start a Premier League game for the White Hart Lane club so far this campaign, has been linked with a transfer window move to a number of clubs including Lokomotiv Moscow.
The arrival of Emmanuel Adebayor, and the form of Jermain Defoe and Rafael van der Vaart has restricted Pavlyuchenko to mainly Europa League appearances this term - but Redknapp is reluctant to leave himself short of strikers by cashing in on the 29-year-old.
"If we let Pav go we'd leave ourselves short. If he decides he wants to go and the club get a good offer then we've got to be ready to replace him from somewhere," said Redknapp.
"I couldn't sit here and say we've got targets. We haven't, but we talk about players all the time."
Chelsea's Didier Drogba and Nicolas Anelka are just two players to be linked with Spurs, who travel to Stoke on Sunday, but Redknapp's main dilemma right now is which of his current forward line should start up front with Adebayor.
He added: "Whoever has come in has done well and the team has been playing well. Rafa was in great form, scoring lots and every time Jermain has played he has scored."
Van der Vaart and Defoe should both be available for selection at the Britannia Stadium and Redknapp admits: "It's a nice problem to have. They have both been scoring when they have played."