Tottenham assistant manager Joe Jordan does not think that Luka Modric has requested a transfer and insists the club remain 'desperate' to keep the Croatian.
Chelsea have failed in two bids for the playmaker, which peaked at £27million, and Spurs chairman Daniel Levy has made it clear that there will be no sale.
Levy's tough stance prompted reports earlier in the week that Modric, who has five years remaining on his contract, requested a transfer before Tottenham jetted out to South Africa for a pre-season tour.
But boss Harry Redknapp's right-hand man, Jordan, has not been informed if the 25-year-old, a 2008 signing from Dynamo Zagreb, has demanded to leave White Hart Lane
Asked if Modric has requested a transfer, Jordan told Sky Sports News: "No, as far as I know. I have never heard anything in the grapevine."
It was speculated on Friday evening that the Croatia international will miss Saturday's friendly against Kaizer Chiefs due to an ankle injury.
Jordan has confirmed that Modric is not 100 per cent fit, but does not think that the problem is anything serious and has credited the player for his focus.
"Luka is getting his head down and trying to get himself fit for the new season and he is with us," said Jordan.
"I think that's important. Day by day he is here, he is with the team and we can get him fit. He has got a slight ankle problem, but a couple of days and he will be okay."
Jordan added: "He is a Tottenham player and he is a very, very good professional. That is important.
"We don't need to talk about his ability, I think he has proved that. That is why he is such a popular player throughout the world and why we are desperate that he stays here."