Espanyol - No Garcia offers
Spurs target still waiting
By Lucas Brown. Last Updated: July 16, 2008 11:34am
Garcia: Could leave Espanyol
Espanyol's sporting director Paco Herrera says there has been 'no firm offer' from Tottenham Hotspur for Luis Garcia.
Reports in Spain last week claimed that Spurs had agreed a fee in the region of 12.5million euros (£9.9million) with Espanyol for the striker.
However, Espanyol president Daniel Sanchez Llibre said no bids had been received, while Garcia was 'flattered' by the interest.
The Spanish club appear to be open to Garcia's departure, but Herrera has intimated a move to White Hart Lane could hinge on Spurs offloading one of their current forwards.
Only case open
"The only case left open now is Luis' one," Herrera told reporters.
"There is a situation that has happened, but there has been no firm offer.
"What happens there does not depend on us in any way."
Meanwhile, Espanyol duo Carlos Kameni and Pablo Zabaleta have been linked with moves to Primera Liga rivals Valencia.
Herrera, though, says the only way the two players will leave the club is if Valencia match their respective buy-out clauses.
He added: "If they now want to sign them then it is obvious that they will have to meet their buy-out clauses."