Egypt boss Hassan Shehata claims that Roma striker Mido is set to complete a permanent move to Tottenham Hotspur.
The 23-year-old, who impressed during an 18-month loan spell with Spurs, has been the subject of a permanent switch away from the Giallorossi this summer.
The former Ajax and Marseille hit-man rejected the chance to join Premiership rivals Blackburn Rovers before stating he would entertain a return to White Hart Lane earlier this month.
Despite snapping up Bulgarian striker Dimitar Berbatov from Bayer Leverkusen in the close season, Spurs boss Martin Jol appears set to further boost his attack, while Newcastle United are also being mentioned with the North African star.
Now Shehata, who spectacularly fell out with Mido during Egypt's African Cup of Nations success earlier this year, says the goalscorer is on course to return to Spurs before Thursday's transfer deadline.
"Mido told me he will travel to London to have a medical before signing for Tottenham," Shehata said in The Sun.
"He will be back in Egypt on Wednesday to join up with his colleagues in the national team."
Roma look set to let Mido move on after the striker fell out of favour with manager Luciano Spalletti, with the player's agent Mino Raiola confirming a move to Spurs is imminent.
"Hossam understood on Saturday evening that he was not to be in Roma's plans," Raiola told Italian sports daily 'Gazzetta dello Sport'.
"Should the coach put him on the bench in an important match like the San Siro's one (the Italian Super Cup against Internazionale), it means at Roma there isn't space for him.
"And so Mido, who wanted to try his luck with the Giallorossi, accepted Tottenham offer, where they know him and they love him."
Mido, meanwhile, is in Shehata's 22-man squad for Egypt's opening 2008 African Cup of Nations qualifier with Burundi on Saturday.
It remains to be seen if Jol does complete a deal for Mido, with the North Londoners also being linked with Real Madrid's Brazilian hit-man Julio Baptista.