Wigan boss Paul Jewell has revealed he has rejected a player plus cash deal from Tottenham for Pascal Chimbonda.
Chimbonda is looking to leave Wigan after handing in a transfer request on the last day of last season.
The full back returned to Wigan on Monday for showdown talks with Jewell after his involvement at the World Cup with France.
Tottenham are leading the chase for Chimbonda's signature and have already seen two bids turned down for the player.
The North London club returned with a player exchange and money deal for Chimbonda this week as they look to lure the former Bastia ace to White Hart Lane.
Reports have suggested Tottenham had offered Wigan Danny Murphy and Andy Reid for Chimbonda, but The Latics have snubbed their offer and are holding out for the £6 million price tag they have placed on Chimbonda's head.
"Pascal has come back and his agent was in my office when I spoke with Spurs and said we wanted the full £6 million for Chimbonda, " Jewell told the Manchester Evening News.
"Spurs offered a couple of players. We could not reach a deal and if we do not get the full amount the player stays where he is.
"We still think it is a very fair valuation.
"Don't forget not many clubs were keen to take a chance on him this time last year."
Wigan have moved to provide cover should Chimbonda move on by agreeing a deal to sign Crystal Palace defender Emmerson Boyce.
Boyce is set to seal his switch to The JJB Stadium later this week after passing a medical and agreeing personal terms on Monday.
The impending arrival of Boyce is sure to increase speculation over Chimbonda's future with Boyce a ready-made replacement for the wantaway Frenchman.