Everton manager Roberto Martinez has said that Antolin Alcaraz has fully recovered from the injury problems that he has had to endure this season.
The 31-year-old centre-back joined the Premier League club from Wigan Athletic last summer, but had to wait until December to make his debut after picking up a groin problem in pre-season.
The Paraguay international suffered two more injury concerns since then, but he is now available for the Toffees' for their Premier League clash against Chelsea on Saturday.
"Antolin is fully fit now and it is just about making sure we give him the right introduction back into the team," Martinez told the Liverpool Echo.
"I never wanted for him to play three games in a week when he came back from injury and that set him back a little bit.
"But he is fully fit now, he is working with the team and it is a fantastic time in the season to have Antolin back, alongside the other centre-halves.
"To have Antolin alongside Sylvain Distin, Phil Jagielka and John Stones is as good as it gets really.
"When you come back from injury, you can't expect to be out for six months and then play three games with intensity that you need in the British game, all in the space of a week.
"That was needed because of the circumstances and injuries we had in the side. Antolin is the type of player that will give his all for the team and football club and then think about himself later.
"I could not be more proud of his approach and the way he has put himself up for the challenge ahead.
"Now it is a matter of controlling the input and making sure he finishes the season clear of injuries and strong."